Tuesday 10 May 2016

Time table

5:30 - alarm goes off. Already?
5:40 - get out of sleeping bag and begin packing up. Time to get moving
Get changed.
5:48 - go to toilet and take care of morning business, brush teeth. I wonder what the sunrise will look like today?
5:55 - make sure Thom is up and moving,  finish packing bag. No thoughts, just routine.
6:05 - pack up tent. Be quick I don't want to be last and strap down the mattresses.
6:15 - breakfast. I'm so glad there is coffee and yogurt. I miss yogurt.
7:00 -  on the truck and leaving the camp site. I'm sleepy
7:10 - drive on highway just after sunrise in rural Namibia. THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Almost every single day in Namibia this was my morning routine and thought process. Namibia was one of the countries I was most looking forward to. It did not disappoint.
Namibia is one of the least densely populated countries on the planet and what it lacks in population it makes up for in raw beauty. I was part of a group tour that went through Namibia, as well as other countries, and was blown away by Namibia's landscape. I've been fortunate enough to have many moments on this trip where I got to think 'this is incredible' but only Namibia offered that thought to me day after day after day.

If you are ever wondering about where your next adventure should be if you want to avoid the tourists then rent an overland truck and drive Namibia. It's absolutely stunning.

No comments: