Tuesday 17 May 2016

Not everything is awesome

"How was your trip?"

"It was awesome. I was constantly sleeping in new places which were sometimes really uncomfortable, I really missed my family and friends, I ate way more processed food then I would have liked, I constantly had to be having the same conversations every time I met someone new, was sick of my clothes because they were the only things I had with me of the items I hadnt ruined, and I lost muscle and gained pudge!! It was great"

Don't get me wrong I have loved travelling, but it isn't all sunshine and rainbows. There are plenty of times I've had cravings for the normalcy of back home: cooking, teaching a class, drinks with friends, watching television, going to the gym. All of it is simple enough when at home but it's those little moments that are missed the most.

It's easy to get wrapped up in another persons travel adventure and fantasize about how amazing it is. Frankly, It is amazing. But, one should also remember that there are obstacles and issues along the way and to think that what you see on social media is 100% accurate of someone's life (travel, and daily living is applicable here as well) is naive.

I'm not taking shots at anyone. I just think it is important to note that although travelling is amazing and enriching, and wonderful it isn't that way all day everyday.

Fun fact: the straps on my sandals have a punishing scent anytime I remove them from my feet.
You're welcome.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Wash your sandals Marcus. Your feet stink.

Mack said...

hahaha, Oh Franko. What a jokester.

Yes, Sometimes I call Facebook, "Jealousbook", because who wants to post the bad stuff in their life? people post stuff to get attention and in a way make other people say "Cool" or "I wish I was there!" Etc. Etc. Good post Marcini. Can't believe your trip is almost coming to a close.

Emily said...

Want me to send you money for new sandals?

Emily said...

Want me to send you money for new sandals?